Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Day of a New Year


Today is the first day back to work and school for many of us. As I tossed and turned in bed last night I had that anxious feeling I get every time I know that I MUST get up on time the next day. So, my alarm was met by grown and growl.

My house has returned to its quiet daily state. I have returned to what I was working on two weeks ago and life seems to be well pretty much the same as it was last year. Every year I enter the holiday season thinking, this will be the year that is less hectic. This will be the year I do not have this anti-climax feeling that stays with me well into the new year. Well the holiday season of 2010 into 2011 is not that year. I pretty much feel the same way I always do.

As a parent of school age children it feels like years are often measured by the school calendar. We are now about half way through the school year. That means we are that much closer to having to figure out what the summer holds for the kids. Soon I begin the agonizing coordination of summer camps and activities. So I guess it often feels like life is so filled with activities that we move swiftly through without coming up for air. I am not a resolution person. I do not want to say that I will make a change and then be disappointed in myself when I do not follow through. So today I will just say that I hope this year and in many more to come I will take the time once in awhile to slow down, dance, sing, just breath and live in the moment just a few more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment